- Here at Hoyt Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, we offer the largest chapel in all of greater Norwalk. We offer three chapels in all. Two of which seats nearly 90 people comfortably and a private chapel that seats up to 20. For large families or public figureheads, our two largest chapels convert into one, offering seating for up to 175 people comfortably. All of our chapels whether independently used or combined, have un-obstructive views of the family, decedent and/or the officiating member.
· Our prices are extremely competitive. By Federal Law, we provide each family with a “General Price List”, which is essentially an À la carte menu of what our facility has to offer. We are proud to offer the highest quality of service at the lowest price in comparison to our competitors. Come visit us and we will provide you with a no-obligation Statement of Goods and Services that will explain the breakdown of charges.
· We provide the largest parking area of all the funeral homes in greater Norwalk. Whether it’s the partnership of our fellow neighbors who allow us to utilize hundreds of additional parking spaces or the utilization of East Wall and Park Streets, we proudly accommodate the largest number of mourners.
· We are the only funeral home in Fairfield County that embarked on an enormous financial undertaking by building a private crematorium. What does this mean to you? We truly do care about your loved one. We simply don't ship your loved one off to strangers that you've never hired to cremate. Other funeral homes are taking the word of a third party vendor that you are receiving your loved one’s ashes back.
- When a death occurs, we understand how stressful it becomes for families with numerous facets in bringing a funeral together. One service we provide to families is the “Video Tribute”. Our families are welcome to bring in as many photos as they’d like to our funeral home. We in turn scan them into a program, coordinated with music and a ‘theme’ that is tastefully orchestrated to pay tribute to your loved one’s life. This video is displayed in our chapel using our equipment. The video we have is professionally made, has tasteful music and live scenery unlike the traditional basic Tributes other funeral homes create.
- We believe that personalizing funerals is important. Funerals are to celebrate and reflect you’re loved one’s life. That being said, our funeral home houses a casket selection room of the latest in technology. This selection room is state of the art and allows the family to create a casket for their loved one’s fitting tribute. Our firm offers the industry's highest quality caskets that are manufactured. From simple caskets to the elaborate models in which the nation's Presidents and celebrities have been buried in, our families are comforted knowing their loved ones have the very best. Or if cremation is your choice, this system will accommodate those requests with endless choices of cremation urns and other merchandise.
In recent years, we've seen an increase of Jewish Orthodox families who have switched to our firm. To accommodate their needs, we've added an extensive selection of All-Wood Constructed Caskets in our show room to satisfy their religious beliefs.
- In keeping up with our progressive image, we continue to add new services for our families. We understand the busy life of many professionals who seek internet access with their personal computers. Whether it is an urgent matter or simply to check email, our funeral home offers free WI-FI to satisfy your needs.
- Have family coming from New York or Hartford? Some families are concerned for their relatives and friends, as they try to navigate through backroads and one way streets. It's not a problem here! Time and time again, families have turned to our facility for its easy 'off the highway' location. We are conveniently located off exit 16 of I-95 and minutes from The Merritt Parkway (Route 15) and the Route 7 Connector.
We understand that there are several funeral homes in Norwalk. Back in the day, tradition or religion played a roll in the selection of a funeral home. That’s no longer the case. We are not the "Protestant Funeral Home" as we were once known as. We now serve all walks of life, from Christians, Buddhists, Greek and Jewish Orthodoxs to those who don't follow a particular faith.
Norwalk and its surrounding towns are noticing a drastic change in the choice of funeral service providers. Local newspapers reflect hundreds of families each year who are switching to us. Others are contemplating the change. How can we help you make that choice? Our response is: Shop Around.
It's ethical, smart and simply the right thing to do. Visit more than one funeral home and be sure to call us to make an appointment to meet us.
We urge you to compare facilities, the pricing structure, the merchandise they offer and the comfort level of the director. Once you’ve done this, you can make an educated decision.
You will be surprised with what you've been missing. After all, it's a large expense and finding the best value is most important.
We own and operate the longest running funeral home (1873) in Norwalk that holds a stellar and untarnished reputation, dating back to Mr. LeGrand Raymond, our original founder. Mr. Raymond started the parlor as a store front mortuary on Wall Street.
Since then, we’ve implemented new and innovative ideas with first and second generation funeral directors who now own the most historic funeral home in the area. We are proud to be a family owned and operated funeral home.
We back our services with a 100% money back guarantee. For any reason you are not happy with any particular service we've provided, we will make it right or you will be refunded that portion 100%. No other funeral home has placed that in writing.
In closing, what we've explained in the above paragraphs has led hundreds of families to 'Make the Switch". If you happen to know any of the families in which we've served, talk to them. Ask them about their experience with us.
After speaking with them, you will understand why we are known as the Premier Funeral Home that is "Setting the Standard in Funeral Service".